Pape' Machinery, Inc C&F, Seattle Washington
PAPÉ MACHINERY, INC. – CONSTRUCTION & FORESTRY DIVISION – SEATTLE REGION, WA
MANAGEMENT TRAINEE: Position will be tasked with learning the Parts and Service Sales and Operations at the branch and perform various duties as assigned. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with the Service & Parts Supervisors to learn operational skills needed to run a Service and Parts department.
- Work with General Manager & Product Support Manager to learn service and parts sales strategies, product targets, goals, targeted / conquest accounts, projections and budgets.
- Make customer satisfaction calls, including calls to keep customers updated on repair progress and costs.
- Learn how to manage inventory of parts through various reporting systems to monitor turnover, stocking and inventory levels.
- Greet customers, check in units for repair, answer phones, and quote needed repairs.
- Assist the Service Supervisor and Shop Lead with workflow, and provide clerical support for the Service and Parts departments.
- Open, update and close shop work orders, perform payroll data entry, and prepare warranty claims.
- Perform safety duties, clean equipment, and maintain shop cleanliness/order.
- Help supervise all aspects of the Service and Parts departments and help manage expenses/costs associated with Service and Parts operations.
- Help organize, prioritize, schedule and assign work to shop & field technicians and help monitor their performance.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Applicants must have an associates or bachelor’s degree or two years of supervisor experience in a Parts and Service department, and have basic technical experience or a background and knowledge of technical processes. Must have strong people and marketing skills, with an understanding of budgeting, planning, merchandising, goal setting, and daily operational ability. Excellent customer service and communication skills required. Must have availability to occasionally work in other stores within the region.
Why work for Papé:
- Competitive pay based on your skills, training, and experience level
- Outstanding benefits including – 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match; Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (Flex Plans); Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Progressive Vacation Plans; Online and Instructor-Led Training; Tuition Reimbursement for Training Programs
- Advancement – Papé is a dynamic, growth oriented organization with a focus’ on promoting from within.
- Stability and reputation — Papé is a family-owned, fourth-generation company with over 100 locations, over 3,000 employees and 80 plus years of experience. Papé is known for their stability, their honesty and their integrity.
- Equipment – We have the largest equipment inventory in the West and an unparalleled parts inventory!
- Employee impact – Enjoy an open-door policy where your voice will be heard and your opinions will matter.
- Training – You will be provided with training and mentoring to prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your skills.
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)