Design includes the selection of part configurations, materials and manufacturing processes to achieve reliable function at low cost. Validate design through analysis and testing.Assist the development from concept to engineering release of new products. Work with customers and sales teams to define requirements and scope of new products and translate them into working engineering specifications. Make design layouts in 3D Cad using PRO/Engineer software. Perform classical engineering analysis on designs; conduct engineering stress analysis where applicable. Produce detail engineering and assembly drawings for manufacturing; perform lab testing for verification and conformance of design outputs to meet the design inputs.
Key Responsibilities and Priorities:
- Responsible for taking machine design projects from conception through production release.
- Develop specifications that meet customer requirements.
- Perform tolerance analysis on precision tooling design per customer requirements.
- Create lay-outs for capital equipment products that involve frame design, vacuum chamber and vacuum system design, pressure and vacuum control subsystem design, Pneumatics control system design, automation mechanical and electro-mechanical components and system design and packaging, and system electro-mechanical packaging design.
- Perform machine design of components for customer tooling and sub-system design.
- Perform design reviews.
- Produce engineering documents to include detailed 2-D drawings, ECO, Bill of Materials, assembly drawings, installation drawings, service bulletins, and engineering test specifications.
- Perform classical engineering analysis on designs when needed.
- Lead in the design, development, testing and field validation of new products or modifications to existing products.
- Analyze and solve technical problems and provide solutions that can be implemented in a timely manner.
- Communicate with customer when needed to resolve technical issues.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and assembly to ensure on time delivery of products to the customers.
- Analyze field failures, resolving technical related issues.
- Investigate new technologies or existing technologies that can be effectively applied to our equipment designs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, MSME preferred.
- Minimum five years of machine design engineering work experience preferably in capital equipment environment.
- Good knowledge of ANSI drawing standards.
- Good knowledge of component part design: castings, extrusions, machined metal parts, machined graphite parts, material and heat treat, and Sheet metal fabrication.
- Experience in design on automation components is highly desirable.
- Electro-mechanical system integration
- Pneumatics, hydraulics, vacuum, pressure, gas and liquid delivery components selection and system integration.
- Structural Analysis.
- Mechanism design.
- Proficiency in PRO/Engineer CREO is a must.
- Proficient in MS office products.
Years of Experience Required: 5+ years of experience in similar position
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering; MSME preferred
Disclaimer: Job responsibilities and requirements can change at any time.