- The successful applicant must have relevant working experience and be able to operate and maintain all types of earthmoving and construction equipment.
- The successful candidate must also have good human relations skills and abilities as well as the personality to successfully communicate and problem solve with customers.
- Customer satisfaction is of primary concern.
The essential functions of this position include the following:
- Independently and successfully diagnose and repair equipment
- Overhaul engines and other major components
- Previous experience working on heavy equipment
- Knowledge of diesel engines
- Knowledge of hydraulics
- Knowledge of electronics
- Intermediate computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
As a Shop Mechanic / Technician you are required to work in an industrial environment which includes exposure to significant environmental conditions.
Physical requirements include:
- Overall stamina
- Sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing
- Carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching
- Listening and speaking
- Must have good motor coordination skills
- Coordination of eyes, hands, and feet
- Verbal intelligence and numerical intelligence
- The workplace environmental conditions include subject to noise, heat, cold, injury exposures, and atmospheric exposures
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- This is a safety sensitive position.
Graduate of a technical school, military school, or relevant working experience acceptable to the company.