- Operate, repair, rebuild, and maintain all types of earthmoving equipment.
- The ability to independently and accurately diagnose and repair/rebuild inoperative or malfunctioning equipment is essential.
- This individual will also provide air conditioning repair and service on an as needed basis.
The essential functions of this position include the following:
- Independently and successfully maintain equipment, diagnose, repair, rebuild, and maintain equipment in a field environment
- Utilize a laptop computer for information and diagnostic purposes with a demonstrated proficiency in S.I.S. and E.T.
- Safely assemble and disassemble components and equipment according to the manufacturer' s specifications
- Accurately complete service reports and provide the details to complete work orders
- Work overtime as required, and maintain tool requirements
As a Road Mechanic you are required to work in an industrial environment which includes exposure to significant environmental conditions.
Physical requirements include:
- Overall stamina
- Sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing
- Carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping, and crouching, listening, and speaking
- Must have good motor coordination skills
- Coordination of eyes, hands, and feet
- Verbal intelligence, and numerical intelligence
- The workplace environmental conditions include subject to noise, heat, cold
- Injury exposures, and atmospheric exposures
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must meet DOT regulatory & CBE requirements for operating CBE or related vehicles
- Must sign all documentation to meet DOT regulations and CBE requirements
- Must be minimum of 23 years old
Graduate of a technical school, military school, or relevant working experience acceptable to the company.